Remit of the Governing Body
The principal activity is the provision of public benefit education by maintaining, managing and developing an 11-18yr comprehensive school offering a broad and balanced curriculum.
The Trustees ensure the school operates as a state funded, mixed, independent school for students aged 11-18 of all abilities, drawing mainly from the area in which it is situated.
To develop a school offering a broad and balanced curriculum. This curriculum is designed to have strengths in the 8 main faculty areas in the school; English, Mathematics, the Sciences, Modern Foreign Languages, the Humanities, Performing Arts, Technology and Enterprise, and PE and Health. Whilst the school’s specialism is in the performing arts, Trustees feel it is essential to have strength in each of the 8 areas named above so that students of all abilities and aptitudes can succeed, thrive and enjoy learning at the Academy.
The school will be at the heart of its community, promoting community cohesion and sharing facilities with other schools and the wider community.
We achieve our key aims through:
a) Developing high quality teaching
b) Pastoral care to help each individual to succeed
c) A wide range of extra-curricular opportunities including many that promote student leadership; and
d) Linking with the parents of students and the whole curriculum to ensure a quality education for all.
Please see the latest letter from the Chair of Governors and information on becoming a Parent Governor below:
- Andrew Evans
Chair of Governors
- Debs Hiley (Chair: 18 Oct 2016 – 18 Oct 2017. Governor: 3 Dec 2015 – 3 Dec 2019)
Market Street Surgery, Market St, Ledbury HR8 2AQ
Vice Chair of Governors
- Claire McKeown (Vice Chair: 5 Nov 2016 – 5 Nov 2017)
Appointed by parents’ election:
- Feya Recordon (3 December 2015 – 3 December 2019)
- Claire McKeown (3 December 2014 – 3 December 2019)
- Sam Dudley (27 April 2016 – 27 April 2020)
- Lucy Potter (9 June 2017 – 9 June 2021)
- Pippa Henry (11 July 2017 – 11 July 2021)
Appointed by Academy Members:
- Nick Morris (13 January 2014 – 13 January 2018)
Appointed by the Governing Board:
- Dulcie Karadia (31 Jan 2017 – 31 Jan 2021)
- Rachel Ussher (31 Jan 2017 – 31 Jan 2021)
Appointed by Staff election:
- Andy Collard (8 June 2015 – 8 June 2019)
- Jenny Davies (15 October 2016 – 15 Oct 2020)
- Donald Henderson (18 October 2016 – 18 October 2020)
- Rebecca French
Governors minutes are available on request from the Clerk to Governors at JMHS.
Register of Business Interests.
JMHS maintains a Register of Business Interests and Related Parties Forms for all Governors. The Register of Business Interests Form is completed annually and referred to at each full Governors’ Meeting for review and updating by Governors if required. The forms are held by the Clerk to Governors. The Related Parties Forms are held by the Clerk to Governors.
Members of the Academy Trust
Emma Carr (23/6/2015)
Justyn Crane (9/12/2014)
Pippa Henry (8/10/2013)
Debs Hiley (29/1/2016)
Feya Recordon (29/1/2016)
Helen Thomas (8/10/2013)
Kevin Welford (29/1/2016)