Sixth Form Prospectus
Here at John Masefield Sixth Form Centre we offer:
- Constant improvement in A Level Results – with 38% of all students achieving A* – A and 64% attaining A* – B grades in 2017.
- Courses offering a wide range of choice at AS/A2 level and vocational subjects.
- Average class sizes of 10-15
- Outstanding facilities for teaching and study
- Excellent guidance and individual support with a dedicated team of mentors
- Extended project – students can gain an extra AS level by either completing a practical project with a word essay or a straight research essay and deliver a presentation on their area of research
- HE+ Programme – students who are academically-able can participate in this initiative run by Cambridge University and can attend extension lessons throughout the year plus a residential in the spring
- Enrichment programme offering a variety of activities to promote healthy lifestyles for 16-19 students which are tailored to meet the needs of the students
- Duke of Edinburgh Award
The Sixth Form Open Evening will be held on Tuesday 17 October and prospective students and their parents are welcome to visit to attend. There will be a presentation at 6.30pm in the Theatre followed by subject displays in the Sixth Form Centre until 8.30pm. Please contact Mr Hawksworth, Head of Sixth Form on 01531 638452 or email@example.com.
Details of our Admissions Policy for Sixth Form can be found here: http://www.jmhs.hereford.sch.uk/sixth-form/about-us/admissions/
You will need to have achieved at least Level 4 in English and Maths PLUS a Level 4 at GCSE in at least three other subjects.
Some subjects require you to have at least a GCSE Level 6 ,7 or 8 in order to study them at A-level. Please check the subject pages below for individual entry requirements.