Sixth Form Prospectus
Here at John Masefield Sixth Form Centre we offer:
- Constant improvement in A Level Results – with 30% of all students achieving A* – A (35% including BTEc) and 67% attaining A* – B grades in 2016.
- Courses offering a wide range of choice at AS/A2 level and vocational subjects.
- Average class sizes of 10-15
- Outstanding facilities for teaching and study
- Excellent guidance and individual support with a dedicated team of mentors
- Extended project – students can gain an extra AS level by either completing a practical project with a word essay or a straight research essay and deliver a presentation on their area of research
- HE+ Programme – students who are academically-able can participate in this initiative run by Cambridge University and can attend extension lessons throughout the year plus a residential in the spring
- Enrichment programme offering a variety of activities to promote healthy lifestyles for 16-19 students which are tailored to meet the needs of the students
- Duke of Edinburgh Award
The Sixth Form Open Evening was held on Thursday 13 October. Prospective students are welcome to visit the Sixth Form at a mutually convenient time. Please contact Mr Hawksworth, Head of Sixth Form on 01531 638452 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Details of our Admissions Policy for Sixth Form can be found here: http://www.jmhs.hereford.sch.uk/sixth-form/about-us/admissions/
You will need to have achieved at least 5 A*-C grades (new Level 4) or better, which must include Maths and English. Some subjects require you to have at least a GCSE Grade A or B in order to study them at A-level. Please check the subject pages below for individual entry requirements.