Sixth Form Prospectus
Here at John Masefield Sixth Form Centre we offer:
- Sustained high levels of attainment averaging nearly 30% A* to A over past five years and 60% A* to B
- Courses offering a range of choice at A level and vocational subjects.
- Average class sizes of 10-15
- Good facilities for teaching and study
- Excellent guidance and individual support with a dedicated team of mentors
- Extended project – students can gain an extra half A level by either completing a practical project with a word essay or a straight research essay and deliver a presentation on their area of research
- HE+ Programme – students who are academically-able can participate in this initiative run by Cambridge University and can attend extension lessons throughout the year plus a residential in the spring
- Enrichment programme offering a variety of activities to promote healthy lifestyles for 16-19 students which are tailored to meet the needs of the students
For visits and tours, please contact Mr Hawksworth, Head of Sixth Form on 01531 631012 x370 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Details of our Admissions Policy for Sixth Form can be found here: http://www.jmhs.hereford.sch.uk/sixth-form/about-us/admissions/
Our course list and information can be found here: https://www.jmhs.hereford.sch.uk/sixth-form/alevel-vocational-courses/