Remote Access & IT
Remote Access lets students and staff to use their computer at home, just as they would do at school.
There are two ways of doing this:
1. The best way is to download the Citrix Workspace app onto your computer from the Citrix website: Citrix Workspace App
2. From the Citrix Workspace App page, click on the link for your computer, e.g. Windows or Mac, and then follow the instruction to install it. (You can also install the Citrix Workspace from the App Store for your device. )
3. The first time you use it you will be prompted to enter an email or server address at the Add Account window – please enter https://access.jmhs.hereford.sch.uk
4. Then, just open the Citrix Workspace app and login with your school username and password as usual.
1. In your browser (maybe Chrome or Edge), type https://access.jmhs.hereford.sch.uk
2. You will then be asked to download the Citrix Receiver (which is the old name for Citrix Workspace). Do this and then install it. This can take a few minutes, so be patient.
3. When completed, do not click the Add Account option, just click Finish.
4. You can then click the Continue button on the web page and you will be able to login with your normal school username and password.
You only need to install Citrix Receiver once, to set it up. Next time you go to https://access.jmhs.hereford.sch.uk you will be able to log straight in to the school system.
Everyone in school uses Office365 for email and other online services including Microsoft Teams. You can also use your own Office 365 account at home. A brief guide to the Office365 (O365) system is available here: O365 Guide and access to Office365 is via http://www.office.com
For remote lessons using Teams, please read this Microsoft Teams – student guide
If you have any difficulties, email ITSupport@jmhs.hereford.sch.uk with details of what you have tried and any error messages, or take photos on your phone and bring them to Mr Henderson, the school IT Manager, in school.