Remit of the Governing Body
The principal activity is the provision of public benefit education by maintaining, managing and developing an 11-18yr comprehensive school offering a broad and balanced curriculum.
The Trustees ensure the school operates as a state funded, mixed, independent school for students aged 11-18 of all abilities, drawing mainly from the area in which it is situated.
To develop a school offering a broad and balanced curriculum. This curriculum is designed to have strengths in the 8 main faculty areas in the school; English, Mathematics, the Sciences, Modern Foreign Languages, the Humanities, Performing Arts, Technology and Enterprise, and PE and Health. Trustees feel it is essential to have strength in each of these areas so that students of all abilities and aptitudes can succeed, thrive and enjoy learning at the Academy.
The school will be at the heart of its community, promoting community cohesion and sharing facilities with other schools and the wider community.
We achieve our key aims through:
a) Developing high quality teaching
b) Pastoral care to help each individual to succeed
c) A wide range of extra-curricular opportunities including many that promote student leadership; and
d) Linking with the parents of students and the whole curriculum to ensure a quality education for all.
- Andrew Evans
Chair of Governors
- Lucy Potter (Chair: 20 Oct 20 – 20 Oct 21); Governor 9 June 2017 – 9 June 2021)
Vice Chair of Governors
- Rachel Ussher (Vice Chair: 20 Oct 20 – 20 Oct 21)
Appointed by parents’ election:
- Julie Godfrey (17 January 2020 – 17 January 2024) Resigned Oct 2020
- Lucy Potter (9 June 2017 – 9 June 2021)
- Roger Price (17 January 2020 – 17 January 2024) Resigned 08/03/2021
Appointed by the Academy Members:
- Joanne Hartness (19 May 2020 – 19 May 2024)
- Rachel Ussher (31 Jan 2021 – 30 Jan 2025)
- Penny Seabourn-Williams (27 Feb 2018 – 27 Feb 2022)
- Rob Jenkins (22 October 2019 – 22 October 2023)
- Tom Williams (1 December 2020 – 30 November 2024)
Governors who are employees
- Andy Collard (19 May 2020 – 19 May 2024)
- Pippa Henry (11 July 2017 – 11 July 2021)
Clerk to Governors
- Sally King
Governors’ minutes are available on request from the Clerk to Governors at JMHS.
Register of Business Interests.
JMHS maintains a Register of Business Interests and Related Parties Forms for all Governors. The Register of Business Interests Form is completed annually and referred to at each full Governors’ Meeting for review and updating by Governors if required. The forms are held by the Clerk to Governors. The Related Parties Forms are held by the Clerk to Governors.
Members of the Academy Trust
Emma Carr (23/6/2015)
Justyn Crane (9/12/2014)
Lucy Potter (3/12/2019)
Helen Thomas (8/10/2013)
Kevin Welford (29/1/2016)
Should you wish to contact the Governors, please email the Clerk to Governors in the first instance.