Remit of the Governing Body
The principal activity is the provision of public benefit education by maintaining, managing and developing an 11-18yr comprehensive school offering a broad and balanced curriculum.
The Trustees ensure the school operates as a state funded, mixed, independent school for students aged 11-18 of all abilities, drawing mainly from the area in which it is situated.
To develop a school offering a broad and balanced curriculum. This curriculum is designed to have strengths in the 8 main faculty areas in the school; English, Mathematics, the Sciences, Modern Foreign Languages, the Humanities, Performing Arts, Technology and Enterprise, and PE and Health. Whilst the school’s specialism is in the performing arts, Trustees feel it is essential to have strength in each of the 8 areas named above so that students of all abilities and aptitudes can succeed, thrive and enjoy learning at the Academy.
The school will be at the heart of its community, promoting community cohesion and sharing facilities with other schools and the wider community.
We achieve our key aims through:
a) Developing high quality teaching
b) Pastoral care to help each individual to succeed
c) A wide range of extra-curricular opportunities including many that promote student leadership; and
d) Linking with the parents of students and the whole curriculum to ensure a quality education for all.
- Andrew Evans
Chair of Governors
- Lucy Potter (Chair: 3 December 2019 – 3 December 2020; Governor 9 June 2017 – 9 June 2021)
Vice Chair of Governors
- Rachel Ussher (Vice Chair: 3 December 2019 – 3 December 2020)
Appointed by parents’ election:
- Sam Dudley (27 April 2016 – 27 April 2020)
- Julie Godfrey (17 January 2020 – 17 January 2024)
- Lucy Potter (9 June 2017 – 9 June 2021)
- Roger Price (17 January 2020 – 17 January 2024)
- Pippa Henry (11 July 2017 – 11 July 2021)
Appointed by the Academy Members:
- Rachel Ussher (31 Jan 2017 – 31 Jan 2021)
- Louise Ronan (27 Feb 2018 – 27 Feb 2022)
- Penny Seabourn-Williams (27 Feb 2018 – 27 Feb 2022)
- Rob Jenkins (22 October 2019 – 22 October 2023)
Appointed by staff election:
- Jenny Davies (15 October 2016 – 15 Oct 2020)
- Donald Henderson (18 October 2016 – 18 October 2020)
Clerk to Governors
- Rebecca French
Governors’ minutes are available on request from the Clerk to Governors at JMHS.
Register of Business Interests.
JMHS maintains a Register of Business Interests and Related Parties Forms for all Governors. The Register of Business Interests Form is completed annually and referred to at each full Governors’ Meeting for review and updating by Governors if required. The forms are held by the Clerk to Governors. The Related Parties Forms are held by the Clerk to Governors.
Members of the Academy Trust
Emma Carr (23/6/2015)
Justyn Crane (9/12/2014)
Pippa Henry (8/10/2013)
Lucy Potter (3/12/2019)
Helen Thomas (8/10/2013)
Kevin Welford (29/1/2016)
Should you wish to contact the Governors, please email the Clerk to Governors in the first instance.