Tuesday 17 July 00.15 (effectively Monday night) – Friday 20 July 23.30
Ferry with P & O – Dover – Calais
Miss Trezeux (Party Leader): 01531 631012
Hardings Coaches: 01527 525200/01905 777119
FIAP Jean Monnet Paris: 00 33 1 43 13 17 17
30 Rue Cabanis 75014 Paris www.fiap-paris.org
- FIAP Jean Monnet, on the Left Bank in Central Paris, near the Sorbonne University.
- Rooms mostly accommodate 4 students, with a few rooms of 6 or 7. All are en-suite.
- In reception there is a light and modern social area with a small café with internet connection. In addition there is a small, outdoor courtyard for table football, table tennis and giant chess as well as an eating area.
- Continental breakfast. Fresh fruit can be purchased in addition.
- Evening meals are hot or cold and buffet style with a drink included.
- Students also need some euros (and sterling) to buy 3 lunches and an evening meal on the return journey. On the outward journey it may be an idea to provide a packed breakfast and lunch although we will be able to buy breakfast on the ferry (in euros or sterling). Please make sure you have a water bottle to refill, especially if it is hot!
Medication and Special diets
Please let us know tonight if there is anything on your Additional Information form that needs further explanation or updating.
Staffing: Miss Trezeux (Party Leader), Miss Iliff, Mrs Waghorn, Mr Paton, Mr Henderson
Key items to take:
One medium/small sized suitcase or bag
A backpack/handbag (large enough for phone, camera, packed lunch, water etc)
Your purse or wallet with euros and sterling
A pen, notepad and A4 document wallet for maps, leaflets etc
Toiletries (may need sun cream – ever hopeful!) and towel
A waterproof jacket (also a possibility!)
Phone, charger and adapter plug (check network and charges beforehand)
Pillow/cushion/blanket/music or other entertainment for the journey
NB Any valuable items are the responsibility of the students
Making the most of your trip:
While there will be no formal requirement for follow-up work from the trip, we would strongly recommend that students keep a diary in French and add photos, leaflets, tickets, etc. As well as being a lovely keepsake, this will be of benefit in future writing and speaking activities.
Code of conduct reminders for students to have a safe and happy trip:
- No smoking/alcohol/purchase of fireworks/shoplifting!
- Stay in your own room after lights out (unless you need to see a member of staff and then you should phone or make sure that you go with at least one other person). Staff room numbers will be made clear on arrival.
- Respect the request for complete quiet after lights out so that everyone can sleep.
- Keep your room tidy to avoid losing things and to be considerate of others.
- During free time in Paris stay within the designated area, behave sensibly, take your bearings and make a note if necessary. Listen carefully to instructions. Never go off on your own. Always have access to the emergency contact card and make sure that your phone is charged and has enough credit should you need to call or receive a call.
- Eat and dress sensibly and appropriately.
- Be respectful and inclusive towards each other.
- A total of £340 should now have been paid (if in doubt please contact Mrs Spiller in the Finance Office – Extension number 222).
- Students should have handed in a copy of their passport and EHIC (health card) by 21 May and now could you please send in the originals by Monday 25 June. These should be taken directly to the Finance Office where they will be stored in the safe. They should not be given to any other member of staff. If we do not yet have copies of these documents, please send them in immediately.
- Signed Additional Information forms and students’ Code of Conduct forms should have been returned by now. If not, please complete a copy before leaving tonight’s meeting.
- Hoodies, if desired, should have been ordered by 12 June. Any late orders can be taken tonight. Samples are available for sizing.
Paris 2018 Itinerary
Tuesday 17 July VERY early morning
|00.15||Meet at School for 00:30 departure|
|05:30||Check in at Dover ferry terminal|
|06:40||Depart Dover with P & O Ferries|
|09.00||Arrive Calais (local time + 1 hour ahead of UK time)|
|14:00||Anticipated arrival by coach at FIAP Jean MonnetSafety talk, settle into rooms, shower and unpack. Walk to Notre Dame and the Ile St Louis for ice cream at Chez Berthillon and a leisurely browse around this charming island in the middle of the Seine.|
|19:00||Dinner and evening at the FIAP|
Wednesday 18 July
|08:30||Breakfast at the hotel|
|09:30||Market in La Rue Mouffetard to purchase picnic lunchand free time to discover this quaint area called le Quartier Latin1 hour River cruise on a Bateau Mouche past all the famous sites.|
|12.15||Picnic on the Champs de Mars looking at the Eiffel Tower|
|15.00||Visit to the beautiful area of Paris called Le Marais. Central point – La Place Des Vosges. Free time shopping or optional visit to the Picasso museum. Please let me know in advance if you would be interested.|
|17:30||Return to the FIAP by coachDinner at the hotel|
|18:00 – 19:00||Eiffel Tower & ‘Paris by Night’- Coach tour|
Thursday 19 July
|08:30||Breakfast at the hotel|
|09:30||Leave for Montmartre, purchasing a picnic on the way. Free time to visit the Sacre Coeur and the famous area on a hill overlooking Paris, see the street artists, street art, only vineyard in Paris and buy some souvenirs|
|14.00||Visit the Opera Garnier in central Paris|
|15:30||The Avenue des Champs-Elysées and the Arc de Triomphe. Free time to browse the shops and admire the Arc de Triomphe. Meet and walk through the Tuileries gardens to the Place de La Concorde and the Louvre to pick up the coach|
|18:00||Coach pick up for return to hotel|
|19:00||Dinner at hotel
French film at the hotel (Intouchables)
Friday 20 July
|08:00||Continental breakfast at hotel and prepare to leave|
|09:00||Depart hotel for return journey
Stop en route at hypermarket for last minute shopping and picnic lunch. Visit to Vimy Ridge (First World War cemetery)
|17:50||Check in at ferry terminal in Calais.|
|18:50||Depart Calais. (Meal on the ferry)|
|19:15||Arrive in Dover (local time)|
|23:30||Estimated time for return to school. We will encourage students to phone home if our arrival time will be significantly different.|
We will update the blog on the school website under trips in the parents’ menu so you should be able to keep up to date with our visit.
Although we will no doubt be very tired on our return, the timing of the trip does give us time to recover by Monday morning. All pupils (and staff!) are expected to be in school for the last two days of term.